To be exact, he wants to bring back the death penalty.
The problem with this, aside from the fact that it is murder, is that it’s been shown time and again not to work as a deterrent.
Another problem is that this is being proposed by a man who has publicly stated that he doesn’t respect the law if it doesn’t meet with his own agenda. This is also the man who thought that a curfew for teens would somehow prevent them from going out and gunning down people.
A few of the other fantastic ideas emanating from that greasy melon Mammoliti calls his head include:
- Raging against licensing rub-n-tugs in the city while enthusiastically backing prostitution and hailing the benefits of gambling for single moms (not to mention Celine Dion coming to town!)
- Creating an open discussion page on Facebook in order to figure out how to ban Communists from any involvement at City Hall.
- Skulking around the annual Pride parade with a video camera, on behalf of Toronto’s Jews, in order to record the presence of the contentious Queers Against Israeli Apartheid group (deemed “hateful” because they criticize Israeli state policies).
- Pushing for increased police powers to arrest panhandlers and have them forcibly committed to hospitals and other institutions while simultaneously encouraging those same panhandlers to camp out in front of Queen’s Park to encourage more money to deal with the problem from the province. Or maybe this was his attempt to garner more provincial powers for the city?
- Pushing for bylaw officers to be equipped with guns in order to fight graffiti (on-the-spot capital punishment?).
- Removing basketball hoops from a neighbourhood because they attract crime and drug dealers.